March — Recruitment Workshop at VU University Amsterdam, Supervisory Board Meeting
January 20-26 — Amsterdam Training Week
- Presentation skills training, Project management, Planning of iTECC Outreach, Isotope techniques
April 8-11 — Amsterdam Training Week
- On April 8 - 11 the iTECC ESR’s (Early Stage Researchers or doctoral students) and ER’s (Experienced Researchers or Post-docs) are invited for a lithospheric deformation workshop and an Earth Observation workshop. All training activities will be held on the sixth floor of the Science building of the VU University Amsterdam.
October 19-30 — Himalayan Tibetan iTECC Field Trip
- Sunday 19th Oct: Arrive in Kathmandu and get acclimated!
20th: Travel to Butwal!
21st and 22nd: Take a look at Paleogene and Neogene foreland basin sediments on our way to Pokhara!
23rd-25th: Taking a hike through Lesser Himalayan geology!
26th-28th: Travel to Johmson, with Higher Himalayan and Tethyan Himalayan geology along the way!
29th: Johmson-Muktinath with Tethyan Himalayan geology!
30th: Fly from Johmson back to Kathmandu!
1st Nov: Depart from Kathmandu to home!
November 28 — Research-In-Progress & Mid Term Report meeting
- Invited Speaker: Doug Burbank
January 19-20 — Climate Modelling Workshop
- Raymond Pierrehumbert (U. Chicago)
- Dan Lunt (U. Bristol)
- Chris Poulsen (U. Michigan)
- Matthew Huber (U. New HampShire)
- Didier Paillard (CEA)
- Zhongshi Zhang (U. Bergen)
- Dorian Abbot (U. Chicago)
- Francis Codron (U. Paris 6)
April — EGU: Research-In-Progress Workshop
Supervisory Board Meeting
During the Annual International Himalayan-Karakoram-Tibet Workshop:
- Research in Progress Workshop
- Supervisory Board Meeting